1. What information do we gather?
As a supporter of, or someone interested in FACT you may be asked to provide us with personal
information such as your name, address, telephone number and email address when you contact us.
This information is collected for internal administrative purposes only and will not be passed to any other
organisations. Some of the information we collect through forms (e.g. on our website) may be marked as mandatory and other information is provided voluntarily. Mandatory information allows us to contact you and keep you up to date with what we are doing as an organisation. Voluntary information allows us to create a picture of you as a (potential) supporter allowing us to tailor our interactions more specifically for your needs e.g. if you highlight an interest in volunteering opportunities, we’ll be able to let you know if an opportunity becomes available.
FACT will treat your data with the strictest confidence and have put in place both physical and online
measures to maintain its security. This confidence will be maintained, with the exception of any safeguarding issues where a significant risk of serious harm has been identified against you or someone else. In this instance, we may have to pass on relevant data to third parties such as the emergency services.
3. Donation details
FACT will hold individual’s banking details in the case of standing orders and Gift Aid registration. This
enables us to monitor our income and set our budgets accordingly. Banking details around one off gifts, or donations will not be kept on record and will be deleted as appropriate once a transaction has been completed.
4. How do we use your information?
We use your personal data to allow us to do several things.
1. It allows us to keep you up to date with the relevant work of FACT.
2. It provides us with an opportunity to share the events and fundraising activities that we have
3. We use your data to inform you of relevant appeals or funding requests we may have.
4. Having your data benefits FACT financially as we can claim gift aid (an extra 25%) on some
5. Knowing your preferred method of communication enables FACT to work more effectively with you
ensuring you get the information you require in a way that works for you.
6. It allows us to keep track of your wishes and the permissions you have given regarding your data.
5. Who will we share your information with?
We do not share the information we collect with any third party. We are subject to the General Data
Protection Regulation Act 2018.
6. How do we protect your information?
We follow the Information Commissioner’s Office’s recommendations for our own data security. Any
7. What rights do you have to access, change or remove your information?
You have the right to receive a copy of the information that we have collected from you. We welcome any
amendments you may suggest and any inaccurate personal data will be rectified or destroyed. We are focused on making your experience of FACT as positive as possible, above our obligation to keep any data we collect as accurate as reasonably possible.
You have the right to access and amend or ask us to remove your personal information at any time and if
you wish to do so:
– please email us at email@example.com
– call us on 01784 457601 or
– write to us at FACT, Peter House, St. Peters Close, Staines, TW18 2ED.
When you provide us with personal information through our website, we may use “cookies”. A cookie is a
short amount of data that is sent to your browser by a Web server and can only be read back by the server that sent it to you. A cookie functions as your identification card and we may use it to track your bookings,
log your IP address, or record other information about you. Cookies cannot be executed as code or deliver
viruses. Most browsers are able to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it.
9. External links
If using our website, it may contain links to other sites at which your personal information is collected.
All information is correct at the time of publication. We reserve the right to make alterations should
circumstances require. October 2018